Visitor Photography at the AGW
- The AGW allows visitor photography in all of its permanent collection galleries on the 3rd floor for personal use only.
- For temporary exhibitions on our 2nd floor galleries, we respect the artists and lenders' wishes by requesting permission for photography.
- Photography is for personal use only and we ask that you respect the rights of artists and their representatives under Canadian Copyright Law (http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-42/).
The following is not permitted:
- Commercial use or reproduction of any photograph or image taken at the AGW without written permission of the copyright holder;
- Tripods or other equipment that may interfere with other visitors viewing artwork;
- Photography of any object, special exhibition or gallery marked by signage specifically indicating that photography is not permitted.
Venue rentals which involve photography in the gallery spaces, such as wedding portraiture, are subject to some restrictions. Please refer to your rental contract for more information.
The AGW requires that any images from its collection for the purposes of reproduction in books, magazines, films, exhibition catalogues and other media be of professional reproduction quality. Please contact the Gallery's curatorial staff to request images and to obtain a fee schedule for their use.