Open Studio: Summer Learning Series - Clay and Sculptures
Saturday, June 26 | 11 am – 12:30 pm
Join the AGW on select Saturdays throughout the summer for some engaging virtual workshops! View pieces of our collection that tie in with the weekly theme as you learn new art-making skills. Workshops are open to all, no artistic experience needed!
Explore the realm of three-dimensionality with this very hands-on and tactile medium. Whether casting, carving, modeling or constructing, come experiment where elements of mass and space intersect in this plastic art form.
- Clay (FIMO, air-dry, playdough, plasticine...) or homemade dough (see recipes below)
- Water container
- Paper towel
- Clay sculpting tools (toothpicks, spoons, knives, chopsticks, rolling pin, garlic press…
- Optional : anything you feel drawn to using or have available to you
- Click here to make your own dough!
- A microphone and camera-enabled (optional) computer, tablet or smartphone, earphones with a good internet connection.
- The program will be delivered via the video conferencing app Zoom. Please download prior to the workshop.
- Materials: The AGW provides a list of suggested materials and alternatives. You can also use any materials or mediums that you have handy!
- Support this program by making a donation to the AGW!