Open Studio: Summer Learning Series - Abstract Painting
Saturday, July 31 | 11 am – 12:30 pm
Join the AGW on select Saturdays throughout the summer for some engaging virtual workshops! View pieces of our collection that tie in with the weekly theme as you learn new art-making skills. Workshops are open to all, no artistic experience needed!
Create abstract compositions using the visual language of shape, colour, form and line. Let your imagination run wild and your intuition guide you to paint beyond visual reference.
- paint (acrylic, gouache, ink, oil, watercolour)
- painting surface (paper, canvas, wood)
- paper towel
- water container
- optional : anything you feel drawn to using or have available to you
- A microphone and camera-enabled (optional) computer, tablet or smartphone, earphones with a good internet connection.
- The program will be delivered via the video conferencing app Zoom. Please download prior to the workshop.
- Materials: The AGW provides a list of suggested materials and alternatives. You can also use any materials or mediums that you have handy!
- Support this program by making a donation to the AGW!